Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Virtual Cookie Exchange Blog Hop

Welcome to my stop on the Virtual Cookie Exchange.  When Carol put out feelers to see who would like to participate in this exchange I raised my hand.  Only one problem I really don't bake.
So as long as she was OK with my cookie actually being a piece of fudge we were good.


Several years ago (10 -15) someone at work gave me this wonderful recipe.  It is perfect for people like me who want to participate but baking isn't our thing.


This is pretty much it.  You dump a can of icing (16 oz) and a bag of chips ( 12 oz ) in a pan and stir until melted together.


This pan is chocolate icing and peanut butter chips.  That's all.


Totally melt the chips and turn into a cake pan lined with parchment paper.


Refrigerate for 2 hours.


Throw out the packaging and wash the knife.

I made 3 pans for this exchange. 

1) chocolate and peanut butter chips

2) chocolate and chocolate chips with almond slivers tossed in after melting and before putting in the cake pan

3) chocolate and chocolate chips with raspberry jelly tossed in after melting and before putting in the cake pan



After sitting in the fridge for 2 hours you take it out of the pan and cut into small, bite size pieces. This is a very sweet mouthful.  I cut my pieces into 1 inch squares.
This is where being a quilter comes in handy.


I scrubbed down my slotted ruler and used a pizza cutter instead of a rotary cutter to cut my pieces.


pretty neat huh, squares and diamonds



The first 2 pans were picture perfect and then there was the pan with the raspberry jelly


The recipe sheet suggested adding things like raspberry jelly, marshmallow, nuts, coconut etc.
I had never tried the jelly before, the recipe didn't include measurements on the add ins. I apparently got carried away with the jelly.  The fudge never hardened up.  The sad part is that the raspberry is the tastiest of the 3.


Because I was taking some of the fudge to friends for part of the Thanksgiving dessert, I placed the pieces in tiny cupcake papers.  The blobs in the middle are the raspberry, we used spoons to eat them.


I also took some of the pieces of fudge and boxed them for take home after holiday dinner and some went in a tin to be mailed to friends across the state.



Thanks for stopping by and please follow along and visit the other members of the exchange listed below.  Thanks to Carol at Just Let Me Quilt who coordinated this wonderful event.

December 1
Selina at Selina Quilts (you are here)

December 2

December 3

December 4

Happy Holidays and thanks for stopping by.

26 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, raspberry fudge sounds delicious even if I had to eat it with a spoon! This recipe is amazing and my kind of quick and easy dessert. I will definitely be trying it! Thanks for sharing your recipe and coming to my cookie exchange party. Wish it was a real party so I could taste that fudge now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, and great idea for how to cut it with the quilt ruler. Love it!

      Delete
  2. I've never done fudge in a frying pan - this sounds simple (I don't bake either). My claim to fame is store bought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm going to give this recipe a try! Great addition to my cookie platters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I love super-quick tricks like this recipe! I will have to try it. I like the idea of cutting them with a pizza cutter. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm-eeee! Anything chocolate and peanut butter is a win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you clever--using the strip ruler to cut fudge squares?! This recipe sounds SO good! Will definitely have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilt ruler cut raspberry fudge...oh my, yes...you have my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh sew quick and simple and who dose not like chocolate...... mmmm.mmm. good in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is just brilliant using a slotted quilting ruler to cut the fudge into bite sized pieces!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun to see new recipes! I have got to try this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely have to try this. Thanks for the recipe. And yeah, eating it with a spoon wouldn't bother me at all. How much jelly did you put in?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to cut your tasty fudge. What a simple way to make it, and I love all of the suggestions for different varieties. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Selina, I wish I could meet you! I was smiling through the whole thing, but when I got to the cutting with your 1 inch template and a pizza cutter, I just cracked up. I know you must not take yourself too seriously, but you sure had some great ideas! I am making the fudge for my little sewing club (6th graders) at school and will cut it up in front of them. They will LOVE it! Thank you!
    Also, it seems like you have a very kind heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Selina thanks for your post I was laughing. Your fudge looks yummy though, and easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant way to cut precisely!!! I'll need to remember that little trick!!! Your fudge looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how yummy this all looks. Sweets are my friends! Thank you for sharing your wonderfully easy recipe. Your jelly version reminds me of Pecan pies I made one Thanksgiving and they never set up so I served it like pudding and it was delicious. Creative Cookie Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband loves fudge. We (he) will be making this tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love fun and easy recipes like this one. Can't wait to mix it up and throw out that packaging. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a clever way to make a quick treat , I just bet my granddaughters would love them .

    ReplyDelete
  20. That recipe sounds delicious and I suspect it is one that my family would enjoy. What is the setting on your burner for melting everything together?

    Love the ruler and pizza cutter idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite combinations! Yum... This recipe is one I'll definitely have to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't beat chocolate & peanut butter! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not very good at making fudge. You make look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome idea to prepare such cookies! So simple and fast, however, they look really expansive and beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.