Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week full of surprises

I have had a super week.  It was full of surprises.  The first arrived mid week from Beth of Love, Laugh Quilt.  It was an unexpected  thank you for  her letting me add some postage stamps to her upcoming quilt. Here I should be thanking her for letting me play with her.  I'm now trying to decide if I want to use it as designed for my car where I can't see it.  Or if I want it hang it on the wall above my sewing table where I cas see it all of the time.

Then came the first of my Mug Rug Swaps.  It came from Susan G of http://www.historyquilter.com/.  This was a fun gift.  A week or so ago Susan posted the pouch that was the goodie in my package.  I didn't know who was sending swaps to me.  I loved what she did and told her I'd love to be a recipient and lo and behold I AM.   There was also my first mug rug, isn't it great.  All of the flowers in the border are fussy cut.  The big extra is that I love the back as much as the front so it was like getting a twofur.

There was also a great piece of dotted fabric pumpkin tissues and candy.  What more could a girl ask for.

Well I didn't ahve to ask, today I got my other mug rug swap gift.  This one is from Jan in the UK at http://isisjem.blogspot.com/
Her choices were made in my favorite colors. I love Red anything and I gravitate toward greens.  I actually went on vacation last year and when I went to unpack at the hotel I found I had packed 6 green shirts.  I didn't even know I owned that many green shirts. sometimes I scare myself.


This pin cushin is a wonderful addition to my life.  I am currently using an attempt at a stuffed christmas ornament that went horribly wrong several years back.  This little pretty will be well used and loved.

  And because for some reason or another quilters can't just do as they are told, as in 1 mug rug and 1 goodie, I found an absolutely wonderful Brooch in my package also.  It will look so great on my winter blazers starting all too soon.

So ladies, all of you.  Thank you so very much.  This was my first Mug Rug swap and it was all I could have hoped for and then some.

Selina

3 comments:

  1. Quilters never do as their told. They love to give pressies! Looks like you got lots of fabulous loot!
    I featured your mug mat last Monday on my blog. Not sure if you saw it or not.
    Great job you did!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joyful week you have had, receiving all those gifts. I really love the flower fabric used in the mug mat
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the goodies arrived safely and you liked them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.