Sunday, June 19, 2011

Done

I did it.  It's done and ready to go into the wash before mailing.  Need to get all of the dog love off of it before sending off.


It's a great little boys quilt full of cars, trains, planes and boats.  It is for my goddaughters little boy. He is just past his first birthday.  My goal is always to try and finish quilts before they start school.  That's ususally a safe amount of time to allow myself. His oldest sister's quilt arrived in time for the baby shower, but the next in line didn't get hers until she turned 2, I think. So I did better on this one.

Their mom and uncle were the recipients of the first quilts I ever made.  Back then I took a childs novelty sheet and sandwiched it with a coordinating sheet and hand quilted around the motifs. Then added a huge ruffle instead of binding.  I need to see if either of them still have them,  I need a picture for the archives.


thisis the back.  I needed to fussy cut the squares from the original fabric and I had several left over that needed a home.

Now that, that is done I need to get back to work on the frog wall hanging.  I'm down to the outer border and quilting. It will end up about 45 inches square I think.  It' made up of 4 blocks.  I think I will machine quilt around the blocks and borders and then hand quilt in big stitch around the frogs.  Hope to get it on the wall with at least the machine quilting done by tonight (it is afterall a fathers day gift....because it wasn't done for his birthday or Christmas or  etc.  etc. etc.)

Hope to  be able to post it sometime in the next couple of days.  Have a great week.  me

2 comments:

  1. What a bright and colorful quilt! I'm sure it will be loved... love how you quilted it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a gorgeous quilt so bright and happy!
    sooooo love your profile picture what a cute doggie.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.